Welcome to Remalaya’s Art Contest for Youth during Winter 2018. Please find the rules and details below.
Accepted Medium: The contest is open to all artists working in two dimensions art in painting and drawing (i.e. oil, watercolor, acrylic, pastel, mixed media,gouache, tempera paints,colored pencils).
Digital art, photography, or three-dimensional art such as sculpture, clay art, pottery, etc., will not be accepted.
- By submitting, entrant is guaranteeing the submission is original* and he/she holds rights to the art in its entirety, and that it does not contain any copyright protected material that would require the consent of any third party; and does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party.
- For artwork based on reference photographs, eligibility demands that the artist must have taken the photographs or have obtained written permission from the photographer.
Compositions based on published material or other artists’ work are NOT considered original and are not eligible.
- Artwork must not be obscene or libelous, must not contain defamatory or derogatory remarks,must not use inappropriate language or slang, and must not violate any rights of any third party. Any submission violating these guidelines will be disqualified from the competition.
- Submissions may be used without restriction by Remalaya , including without limitation, rights to use on the web, broadcast, and print reproduction for the purposes of advertising and publicity. Remalaya may modify image to fit any specific media. If any person appearing in any artwork is under the age of 18, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
- First, please register here with Artist’s Name, Age, Contact person’s name and cell phone, and the Participant ID from the Registration confirmation email is your Entry Id. . This should be on your art work and the email subject during submission.
- Limit one (1) entry per Eligible Participant during the Contest Period.
The Entry must:
- Depict the Eligible Participant’s interpretation of the theme, with the message sent by email when the entry is submitted.
- Art work is required to be no smaller than 11” x 17” size and no larger than 18”x 24″. To be sent to the email address specified in high-resolution (300dpi) digital format using either of the file types: jpg or .png.
- Have a minimum resolution of at least 2400 pixels x 2400 pixels and have a maximum size of no more than 10 Mb.
- Eligibility: Ages 5 to 20+
- The contest will be judged based on these age categories
- 5-6, 6-7, 8-10 , 12-14, 15-17, 18-20, 20+
- Combining age categories in case of low number of entries in each category is entirely the sole discretion of Remalaya.
“A loving wish for grandparents”
Optional but encouraged – Can include a short message (upto 50 words) . The message can be a short essay or a poem.
Process of submission :
Send the image along with the message using the ID provided to the email specified. The ID should be on the art work and in the email subject. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due : January 12, 2019
The winners will be notified by email. Depending on the number of entries , the top 10% will be selected in each category.
Awards / certificates will be given.